Dr Jochen Motte is a member of the Coordination Board of the Forum Human Rights. The Forum Human Rights is a network of over 50 German non-governmental organisations (NGOs) who are committed to better and more comprehensive protection of human rights.
Dr Jochen Motte’s primary role is as a member of the Board of the United Evangelical Mission’s “Gemeinschaft von Kirchen in drei Erdteilen” [Communion of Churches on Three Continents], where he is responsible for the topic areas Human Rights – Peace / Conflicts and Climate / Environment.
His work here includes the following foci:
- Aid for human rights defenders who are in danger
- Support for partners in crisis regions such as Central Africa, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Indonesia / West Papua
- Advocacy work on human rights conflicts and violent conflicts towards the Federal Government and parliament as well as towards the European Union’s institutions and the United Nations
- Educational work on peace, human rights, climate and environment through the provision of materials and international training programmes
- International networking of actors in human rights and peace work